Decimal BASIC for Linux (x86)
We provide with an ISO Full BASIC language system that works on Gnu/Linux (x86).
This program implements almost all of the core module and the graphics module of ISO Full BASIC.
It has not been conformed with the standard, whereas there are very few differences.
All graphics commands prescribed in ANSI Full BASIC are implemented with slight incompatibility on behavior.
Most part of the modules module and the individual character input module for Full BASIC are implemented, too.
Decimal BASIC for Linux(x86-64) ver. 22.214.171.124 (64bit GTK2 Edition)
Download BASIC8102En_Linux64.tar.xz from
Decimal BASIC Open Source Project.
Decimal BASIC for Linux(i386) ver. 126.96.36.199 (32bit GTK2 Edition)
Download BASIC8102En.tar.gz from
Decimal BASIC Open Source Project.
Part of help files and sample programs are remaining not translated, written in Japanese.
Help for Windows edition, more part of which may have been translated.
- Change log
- Ver. 0.6.5.2
- Revised the defect that the file name on the title bar did not change after SaveAs.
- Ver. 0.6.5.0
- Changed the development environment to Lazarus 1.6.
- Ver. 0.6.4.3
- managed the fault that clicking the close icon on the INPUT dialog caused system hanging.
- Ver. 0.6.4.2
- Fixed the bug file I/O made internal errors.
Fixed the bug SAVE AS menu did not work properly.
- Ver. 0.6.4.1
- Fixed the bug SET LINE STYLE 0 caused an internal error.
- Ver. 0.6.4.0
- Fixed the bug that the CEIL function was incorrect on the binary operation mode.
- Ver. 0.6.3.9
- Fixed the bug that a WAIT DELAY statement preceding a numeric variable or an INPUT TIMEOUT statement preceding a numeric variable cause an internal error.
Took a measure to cope with the phenomenon that the default text height was set to zero.
- Ver. 0.6.3.8
- Fixed the fault that EXTYPE function might return wrong exception numbers.
- Ver. 0.6.3.5
- Fixed the fault File-Merge menu did not work.
- Ver. 0.6.3.3
- DRAW MODE MASK(MERGE, XOR, NOTXOR) has been validated for the text drawn by PLOT TEXT.
- Ver. 0.6.3.2
- Fixed the bug that ASK PIXEL VALUE caused an error when a non-exisitng point was assigned.
- Ver. 0.6.3.1
- Fixed the fault that precision of the text height decreased in some situation.
- Ver. 0.6.3.0
Added two compatibility options.
Fixed the fault the text height changes when the cordinate changes.
increased the acuracy of the WAIT DELAY in milliseconds.
- Ver. 0.6.2.6 -3
- Fixed the fault that the trace window did not appear on Linux.
- Ver. 0.6.2.6 -2
- Fixed the fault that an access violation was raised when a program was directed to run on Fedora 19.
- Ver. 0.6.2.6
- Fixed the bug that SET DIRECTORY might cause an internal error.
- Ver. 0.6.2.5
- Fixed the fault that graphics window had menus written in Japanese.
- Added directory handling statements.
- Ver. 0.6.2.4
- Added ASSIGN statements.
- Fixed the bug an OPEN statement in a recursive subproguram caused a system error.
- Ver. 0.6.4.8
- Fixed the bug that a USING$ function with empty format string caused an internal error.
- Ver. 0.6.5.0
- Compiled with Lazarus 1.6.0.
- Ver. 6.6.0
- Improved the screen display quality on the HIDDEN draw mode.
- Ver. 6.6.2
- Fixed the bug on WAIT DELAY statements.
- Ver. 188.8.131.52
- Compiled with FPC 3.0.2 + Lazarus 1.6.4
- Ver. 184.108.40.206
- Increased the maximum number of slide bars available in a LOCATE CHOICE statement.
- Ver. 220.127.116.11
- Fixed the fault that PLOT LINES did not work properly.
- Ver. 18.104.22.168
- Fixed the fault on PAUSE statements.
- Ver. 22.214.171.124
- Fixed the bug INPUT statements with TIMEOUT failed.
- Ver. 126.96.36.199
- Improved the precision of display strings on the binary operation mode.
- Ver. 8.0.0
- Calculation and Drawing are separated into two threads.
- Ver. 8.0.1
- Fixed the bug that Cancel on the INPUT dialog caused to hang up.
- Ver. 188.8.131.52
- Fixed the bug CHAIN statements did not recognize capital ".BAS" as a BASIC extension.
Fixed the bug Undo on the Edit menu did not work.
Inproved the precision of WAIT DELAY.
- Ver. 184.108.40.206
- Fixed the fault on PROBLEX and PLOBLEMY functions.
- Ver. 220.127.116.11
- Improved the accuracy of COS functrion.
Fixed the fault READ IF MISSING did not work when the number of data is incomplete.
- Ver. 18.104.22.168
- Added printer graphics.
- Fixed the bug that the Help button in the Graphics option dailog failed to work.
- Ver. 22.214.171.124
- Set graphics coodinate system 16 bit for Linux, and 32 bit for Mac.
On printer graphics mode, SET BITMAP SIZE made execution prohibited.
On printer graphics mode, SET TEXT BACKGROUND shall be ignored.
The default font for printer shall be identical to that for screen.
On Graphics Option Dialog, sellection and setteing of the printer enabled.
(1) SET DRAW MODE (MASK, ..) works unstably.
(2) MOUSE POLL has a slight fault.
(3) Continual use of LOCATE VALUE makes break unavailable.
Fedora 17 (32bit)
Fedora 17 (64bit) (On the terminal, run sudo yum install gtk2.i686)
Fedora 19 (32bit)
Fedora 19 (64bit) (On the terminal, run sudo yum install gtk2.i686)
Fedora 20 (64bit) (On the terminal, run sudo yum install gtk2.i686)
Scientific Linux 6.3
Scientific Linux 6.4 (64bit) (On the terminal, yum install gtk2.i686)
Ubuntu 11.04 (32bit)
Ubuntu 12.04 (32bit)
Ubuntu 12.04 (64bit) (On the terminal, run sudo apt-get install ia32-libs)
Ubuntu 13.04 (amd64) (On the terminal, run sudo apt-get install ia32-libs)
Ubuntu 13.10 (amd64) (On the terminal, run sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-0:i386 ibus-gtk:i386)
Debian 7.2.0 (amd64) (*)
(*) Run as root
dpkg --add-architecture i386
apt-get install libgtk2.0-0:i386
A Note on 64 bit Linux.
The multi-byte character input window works good on the above versions of Ubuntu and Debian 64 bit.
For Fedora 17/19/20, an additional command shown below makes it work.
yum install ibus-gtk2.i686 gtk2-immodules.i686
For Scientific Linux 6.4,
yum install ibus-gtk.i686 gtk2-immodule-xim.i686
Decimal BASIC for Linux(i386) ver. 6.5.12 (Kylix Qt2 Edition)
Decimal BASIC main page (Windows version available)